A quick chat & demonstration on barrel dimpling including why you should do it in the first place as well as the few tools that are needed.
// LINKS FROM THIS VIDEO
– Synthetic Oil: https://amzn.to/2W4vCrF
– 5/32″ Carbide Drill Bit (2 pack): https://amzn.to/37H59qU
– Various Drills: https://amzn.to/2Kv5T9x
– Various Vises: https://amzn.to/3mu8uOf
– Vise Jaw Covers: https://amzn.to/34G2Pyy
– Dimpling Jig: https://www.opticsplanet.com/slr-gas-block-dimpling-jig.html
– Royalty Free Music from Bensound.com
– Photo by Keegan Checks: https://www.pexels.com/@keegan-checks-1434513
– Photo by Italo Melo: https://www.pexels.com/@italo-melo-881954
– Video by Ekaterina Bolovtsova: https://www.pexels.com/@ekaterina-bolovtsova
4 thoughts on “Barrel Dimpling The Easy Way”
Well done Jabari. I haven’t seen alot of videos like this and I confident enough to attempt this on a future build.
Thank you Griff! Absolutely dimple your own barrel if it didn’t already have one. Even explaining it in detail during the video only tool 15 minutes. In practice, it’s only a 5 minute job!
Just cause I’m new at this. If there are 2 set screws do you need to do a dimple for both screws?
Great question! You don’t have to, especially if you are using Rocksett. That said, doing so wouldn’t hurt anything per se. That’s the great thing about building your own rifle… If it gives you additional piece of mind then go for it!